Tomorrow will be Elizabeth's first day of school. She is very excited. This morning she ran into our room and proudly proclaimed, "Today is my last day! Then I'll be a school girl!"
It has been so fun to see the excitement leading up to the first day. This morning Elizabeth told us that she was feeling a little shy. She also noted that "I don't know how to do school." After assuring her that they would teach her everything she needed to know she smiled confidently. We went on to explain the things she would learn. That she would learn numbers, and even learn to read. With a special sparkle in her eye she said, "Daddy, can I read you a book tomorrow after school?!?" We of course explained she wouldn't learn to read overnight!
Debbie confessed that she would be sad to have Elizabeth heading off to school. "Can I come and go to school with you Elizabeth?" She asked. Elizabeth then laughed and proclaimed that "your to big, there are no chairs your size silly!"
No comments:
Post a Comment